Here at Sofia Invitations and Prints, we try to make a nice range of rustic, modern, vintage inspired, and elegantly classic invitations. Here is one of our favorites: it is certainly timeless and elegant, with a modern twist. Seen here printed in classic black on a luxurious white paper stock, this design can also be printed in any color to match your wedding. Letterpress printing is the finest printing method available today, perfect for your special day! See more images of this design as well as pricing information in the Sofia Invitations Etsy shop here.
It’s been a while since I out together a color inspiration board for a classic black and white wedding. See my last black and white inspiration board here. I hope you enjoy this group of elegant items. The letterpress invitation is of course designed by me!
Black and white poppy bouquet: St. Jude’s Creations
Letterpress black and white calligraphy wedding invitation: Sofia Invitations and Prints
Black and white lace wedding cake: Weddingomania
Black and white bridesmaid dresses: Wedding Web Corner
Black and white pearl necklace: Pearl Style 4U
Black and white damask clutch: Michelle and Kat
Black and white wedding favor gift box: Kagitlik
Black and white stripe straws: Black to Zero
Here is a new wedding invitation I recently designed and printed as a custom order for a local customer in Greenville, South Carolina. This design features a beautiful calligraphy font, and is printed in simple and classic black on thick white 100% cotton papers. The lettering sinks into the paper beautifully. You can check out more details for ordering this invitation in my Sofia Invitations and Prints Etsy shop here.
Here is a sneak peak at a new classic and modern calligraphy wedding invitation that I will be letterpress printing soon. This is for a local customer getting married in Greenville, South Carolina. I am excited to show you the end result later! Contact me if you have an interest in a design like this for your wedding: firstname.lastname@example.org
The colors black and white might seem boring for your wedding… but think again! Black and white can be classic and modern. And if you like surface designs, black and white can be a great way to incorporate patterns into your wedding without being too bold and overwhelming. See the black and white inspiration board I posted in the past here.
You can even combine multiple black and white surface designs in your wedding decor….. the black and white colors will keep the designs cohesive. The first image is from Martha Stewart Weddings and the second image is an invitation I designed that can be viewed in my Etsy shop here.
The gothic era is full of bold patterns and rich colors. Use modern day gothic design elements to set the tone for your wedding. You can go daring with this, or play it a little safe!
1) Victorian inspired plates: http://fkmx.com/victoriangothicsaladplates
2) Lace and Doily Plates: www.target.com
3) Blue jewel necklace: www.net-a-porter.com
5) Red rose hair pins: http://www.etsy.com/listing/44100484/gothic-victorian-red-rose-cameo-hair?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=punk+pin&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=34&order=&includes=tags&includes=title
6) Candlebras: http://www.gallery803.com/Candelabraslist.aspx?Category=214
7) Mirror: http://www.grandinroad.com/
8) Wedding cake: http://www.weddingandcakes.com/goth-wedding-cakes/
9) Wedding dress: http://www.magicalomaha.com
11) Chandelier thank you card: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbellacards
12) Ring pillow: http://www.etsy.com/shop/kaleidoskopicromance
This Tuesday I am profiling Etsy shops with black flower accessories. Use these items to be inspired for your wedding, night out, or party! Black flowers can make a strong statement, yet remain elegant…..and they go perfectly with a white dress!
- Black flower hair piece: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Element4you
- Black flower leather necklace: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MissFluff
- Zipper napkin ring: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CreatedbyLee
- Silk black flower clutch: http://www.etsy.com/shop/bellejoujou
- Black flower bridal dress sash: http://www.etsy.com/shop/floraljewellery
- Paper bouquet: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoshStudios
- Black Flower headpiece: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gildedshadows
- Black flower shoe accessory: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sofisticata
- Black flower earings: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mlejewelry
Rather than simply using a black and white theme for your wedding, look at black and white folk designs and patterns for inspiration. Your wedding will be unique, memorable, modern, and simply beautiful with this inspiration:
- Folk wooden birds: http://www.sanna-annukka.com
- Wedding invitations: http://www.sofiainvations.etsy.com
- Handprinted table cloth: http://www.turkishtowelstore.com
- Floral Dress: Diane Von Furstenberg: http://www.thisnext.com
- Black and White wedding dress: Modern Trousseau: http://moderntrousseau.com/
- Black and white silhouette cake: Cheryl Kleinman: 718-237-2271
- Poppy Floral bouquet: http://www.bollea.com
- Black and White plate: Marimekko. http://www.marimekko.com
- Cylinder vases: http://www.thisnext.com
- Jewelry: http://www.dollsofindia.com
- Paisley card: http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/black-white-paisley-a2-stationery