This past summer I designed and letterpress printed an invitation for a customer in Spartanburg, SC featuring a pretty lace design. We printed the invitations using one color to match her wedding, a dusty lilac color. They came out so beautiful. I was experimenting with a few other invitation designs recently and decided to try and print this same design in red. I really like the results! I also included a pretty kraft paper tag. Let me know what you think! This design is available for purchase, and can be printed in any color, though my Etsy shop here.
Posts Tagged ‘red’
As wedding season is coming to a close for the year, I have still been designing a few wedding programs for couples across the country. Here is a recent one I did for a couple getting married in Arizona, featuring a red raffia ribbon. Pretty, right? You can order your custom rustic wedding program in my Etsy shop, here: www.sofiainvitations.etsy.com
The holidays are around the corner! This got me thinking that you can have a wedding or party with a red and green theme, and without it looking Christmas-like. So here is some inspiration for you, including a recent invitation design for an engagement party I am currently working on.
Green Jewel Earings: Be Yourself Jewelry
Vintage Bicycle Invitation: Sofia Invitations
Red Wedding Cake: Buzzle.com
Bridesmaids and Bouquets: Adrienne Gunde Photography
Red Stripe Boutenniere: Polyvore.com
Red Tea Wedding Favor: Projectwedding.com
In honor of Valentines Day here is a red and pink inspiration board for your party or wedding. Check our more red and pink invitations at www.sofiainvitations.com
Wedding cake: www.cakepicturegallery.com
Table runner and placemat: www.weddingchicks.com
Bridesmaids with hearts: www.elizabethannedesigns.com
Shoe clips: www.etsy.com/shop/ChloeANDMaddie
I LOVE Valentines Day! I realize that it is a day built by commercialism (the greeting card industry), but if you ignore that, you can make it a fun day with your friends, family, and loved ones! Why not give them something nice, but also inexpensive? A letterpress greeting card is a good choice. Each card is a work of art created by hand on a vintage letterpress machine (used before we had digital printing!). The cards are printed on 100% cotton crane paper and come with a recycled kraft paper envelope. Blank inside for your message. You can purchase the cards in my Etsy shop here.
The color combination or turquoise and red for a wedding or party is modern, clean, crisp, and fresh. It is certainly a perfect color combination to create a fun and energetic vibe. Perfect for a spring, summer, or winter wedding or party!
Table setting: www.pintinterest.com
Paper lanterns: www. blogs.dexknows.com
Bridal party: www. flowersbyerin.blogspot.com
Cupcake pick: www.etsy.com/shop/NecessiTees
For more turquoise inspiration, click here.
The color combination of red, pink, and yellow is bright and eye-catching. Don’t be afraid to use touches of color like this in your wedding or party.
2) Gerber daisy bouquet: http://www.distinctiveflorals.net/index.php/occasions/birthday.html?dir=desc&order=position
7) Table setting: http://www.thayerphoto.com/lovelypictures/things/
8) Necklace and earings: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LovelandShadeTree
9) High heels: http://yourpocketstylist.blogspot.com/2010/07/wish-list.html
10) Pink dress: http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/hot-pink-prom-dress-with-frills
11) Sash: http://www.etsy.com/shop/studiohboutique
The gothic era is full of bold patterns and rich colors. Use modern day gothic design elements to set the tone for your wedding. You can go daring with this, or play it a little safe!
1) Victorian inspired plates: http://fkmx.com/victoriangothicsaladplates
2) Lace and Doily Plates: www.target.com
3) Blue jewel necklace: www.net-a-porter.com
5) Red rose hair pins: http://www.etsy.com/listing/44100484/gothic-victorian-red-rose-cameo-hair?ref=sr_gallery_12&ga_search_query=punk+pin&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=34&order=&includes=tags&includes=title
6) Candlebras: http://www.gallery803.com/Candelabraslist.aspx?Category=214
7) Mirror: http://www.grandinroad.com/
8) Wedding cake: http://www.weddingandcakes.com/goth-wedding-cakes/
9) Wedding dress: http://www.magicalomaha.com
11) Chandelier thank you card: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetbellacards
12) Ring pillow: http://www.etsy.com/shop/kaleidoskopicromance